The habit stacking formula is: “After [CURRENT HABIT], I will [NEW HABIT].”
I am using IFTTT to stack my new habit. I have set up an Applet that will remind me to drink water after every meeting. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to https://ifttt.com or the IFTTT mobile app.
2. Login with your account or sign up if not already logged in.
3. Create an Applet with the following:
If – Google Calendar (Any event ends). Select the calendar from the list.
Then – Notification (Send a notification from the IFTTT app). Add a message that you’d like to see when a meeting is over.
4. Click on the “Continue” button and give your Applet a title. I used – “If any meeting ends on my calendar, send a notification from the IFTTT app to remind me to drink water.”
5. Click on the “Finish” button. The Applet will be created and enabled for your account.